CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Day of School

Wednesday, September 6th, was the first day of school for the Monroe School District. Jessie entered 4th grade and Ben entered Kindergarten (what a big milestone!!!). Ben and I attended a 1 hour orientation with half of his classmates and his teacher during that morning and that's all the school Ben had. He said it was his "practice" first day of school. Of course I had the video camera out as well as the digital to take pictures of the exciting morning. Jessie and Ben's school doesn't have bus service (we're all 1 mile or less away), so we got out the stroller for Josh and headed out for school by 8:30 a.m. After this week, I will not be planning to walk with them. Jessie, Ben, and two neighbors will be walking together and they don't need Mom hanging around. I do have to pick Ben up at the end of his half-day morning kindergarten class, however. For now, I plan to walk (I need the exercise), but once the rain starts it's harder to keep Josh dry in the stroller and then when the baby comes things will get even more complicated, so I'll probably drive (I'm not sure if I'll feel guilty or not...).

The school kids at home.

Brother Josh was right there to join in the excitement.

Here they are in front of the Fryelands Elementary School building.

Ben in his classroom during the orientation.

This is all of us as we headed out for Ben's first "real" day of Kindergarten on Thursday morning. Mike stayed home until the final send off to take pictures and give words of encouragement!

Well, so far so good. They are both planning on going to school again tomorrow, let's hope it stays that way!!!

1 comment:

Katina Humen said...

Wow time flies...I can't believe how big Josh is for his age, Nicholas seems so much smaller than him and he is only a few months younger.