Ben is 11!
Well, before we new it, it was Ben's birthday. He didn't want to do anything big, so he invited his best friend over after school, they played, we had pizza and dessert, and then I took all the kids to the new bouncey house place here in town to run, jump and play for two hours. It was a lot of fun. I even tried out the slides!
Here's Ben's half of the cake from the combined family party. Cake with basketball cake pops.
Ben's actual birthday. Cake pops were requested again, but he said I didn't have to make them look like basketballs again (thanks!).
At Jump, Rattle and Roll...Ben
Jessie and Abby
Cherie and Abby
Abby jumping
Ben goofing off
Josh
Things about Ben:
1. Basketball is his passion - he's either outside shooting hoops, shooting hoops on his mini hoop downstairs in the entryway, shooting hoops with his mini nerf hoop in his room, playing basketball on the Wii, watching basketball on tv, or drawing basketball players.
2. He loves to draw. He asked for a gift card to the local craft store for his birthday so he could buy art supplies. He asked for a Boogie Board for his birthday (which is a semi-electronic drawing pad). He asked for the Wii UDraw tablet and games for his birthday.
3. He earned his Webelos badge in Cub Scouts this year.
4. He earned his Religious Knot in Cub Scouts this year.
5. He earned his Arrow of Light Award (the highest award in Cub Scouts, the only patch he'll get to still wear on his Boy Scout uniform) this year.
6. Ben is very good at keeping track of time. He likes to be on time to his activities. I don't have to remind him when it's time for the bus in the morning. He comes home on time, when he goes to the park or to play with friends in the neighborhood. Keep it up, Ben!
7. Ben is still tall for his age. He is 5' 1.25" tall, in the 95th percentile for his age.
8. I love Ben's hugs when he's up late and is tired. It reminds me of when he was a little boy, cuz I certainly don't get it much any other time.
9. Ben and Abby have a really cute relationship. Ben is very sweet to her, helps show her how to do special basketball moves, enjoys her company when he's in his room drawing, etc. It's fun to watch.
Happy Birthday, Ben! We love you!

1 comment:
Nolan had so much fun at Ben's birthday, thanks for including him. I'm so glad he has Ben for a friend!
Post a Comment