CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Hiking



To help Jessie get ready for Trek, we went on a few hikes in the area. It's so nice that all the kids are old enough to start hiking now. There are so many beautiful places to explore here in the Northwest!


This was our first hike. We hiked a total of just over 4 miles at Lord Hill Park. (...sorry it's sideways...I can't figure out why I can't rotate it like I have all my others...)





A couple weeks later, we hiked a total of just over 5 miles, to Barclay Lake.

A bit of snow was still on the trail in a few places.


 


Barclay Lake




A couple weekends ago, Jessie, Jeff (Mike's brother, who is an avid hiker), and I went on another hike. We hiked a total of about 10 miles. We didn't take the whole family because of the length and the last bit of the trail up to the lake would have been too difficult. We went to Goat Lake.







This was from a hike that the youth at church went on to get the kids ready for Trek. They also went to Lord Hill Park, but a much more difficult trail.  I can barely look at the photo because I hate snakes so much!













No comments: