CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 03, 2010

Teenager...
I say this every time my children turn a year older, but seriously, where has the time gone?  Is it really possible that I'm old enough to be a mother to a teenager? Being a parent to a teenager could be a bit scarey, but I'm lucky because I have the best teenager in the world!!!  I'm not just saying that because I'm her mother (and I guess it's not very nice to brag, but I hope you'll forgive me!).  She's sweet, thoughtful, caring, funny, energetic, a really great student, and is a really great friend to her friends.  She's learning how to be responsible with her chores at home, babysitting her siblings, and walking the neighbor's dogs every day after school.  She tries to be a good example by being true to her faith and standing up for what she believes in. Of course, she's not perfect and she does have a few things she needs to work on, but we don't need to talk about that.  I love her and I'm so proud of the person that she has become!  Happy Birthday, Jessie!

On Jessie's birthday, I made one of Jessie's favorite dinners - BBQ beef sandwiches.  Then after presents, we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream (can't beat the timing...they were having their 31 cent scoop night that night!).  Then a few days later, Nana, Gramps, and Uncle Jeff came over for dinner and cake and ice cream.

 Giving Josh and then Ben hugs for the cute gifts they made her...

Jessie requested lemon pound cake for her birthday this year.
 
 
 I guess the evening wiped Mike and Uncle Jeff out.   They quickly sprawled out on the floor once presents were finished.  The kids took advantage, though, and they certainly didn't get much rest.  I tried taking a photo when all four kids were piled on top of Mike, but they tipped over before I got the shot.  It reminded me of when my brother, sister, and I would do the same with my dad when we were younger. 

No comments: