Back in School
It's been a couple months since I've blogged, but a quick synopsis of what we've been doing is: we kept ourselves busy during June by getting our house ready to sell and on the market July 3, went to Owasco Lake to visit my parents for three weeks (July 10 - Aug 3), packed up our sold home so we could be out by August 20th, stayed with Mike's parents in the interim, and partially moved into the home we're in the process of purchasing Sept. 2nd. We just got the remainder of our things out of storage yesterday, so now we have more unpacking to do. Maybe I'll have time one day to post some photos of our fun, RELAXING, vacation, but as of right now, I figure I better just post the most recent and important things first: back to school photos.
So, school for us started after Labor Day, so it was pretty late compared to a lot of other kids. Wednesday, September 9th, Ben headed off to 3rd grade at a new school, Chain Lake Elementary. He now rides the bus instead of walking to and from school. The same day, Josh and I attended a 1-hour Kindergarten orientation in his classroom so he would know what to expect the next day, when he officially started school. He gets on the bus in the morning with Ben (8:15 a.m) and comes home on the bus at noon. Jessie (7th grade) got lucky and didn't have to start school until the 10th, because the 6th graders get to have the middle school to themselves on the first day of school. She still attends the same middle school (which made her VERY happy) and still rides the bus. All three kids had a good first few days of school. They like their teachers and have adjusted very well. It's been a bit of an adjustment for Abby and I to have Josh gone everyday for so long, but I'm sure we'll get into the swing of things quickly and enjoy doing things by ourselves.
September 9th:
Abby was so excited while Ben was getting ready for school and Josh was doing a test run of getting ready that she insisted on wearing her backpack, too. Then, when the bus came, Abby walked off the curb and followed Ben to the bus, she was going, too, she thought. She wasn't too happy when she realized she didn't get to go...

2 comments:
You'll now have to post pics of your new home for all of us to see. Josh looks so grown up getting on that bus! Wow! I'm so glad you all came out this summer!
Cute pictures cher! Can't wait to see your new place - week of the 28th sounds good to me.
Post a Comment