CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 01, 2009

I think I'm Partied Out (for now...)

Well, you already saw how our February started out with Abby's birthday on the 4th. We celebrated with a party here at home with only our family. Ben finished his basketball season (which you saw photos of) and then it was Ben's birthday on the 22nd. We had a friend birthday on Friday, Feb. 20th. He had 4 friends join him and Josh for pizza and cupcakes and ice cream, a few games, and then they just played with the gifts he received. On Satuday, Feb. 21st, we met Nana, Gramps, and Jeff in Everett at the Famous Dave's BBQ restraraunt for Ben's choice birthday dinner out. Sunday, Feb. 22nd, I made Ben's request of cheese burgers for dinner, then we had the remaining cupcakes and icecream and his gift from us.

Ben's Friend Party

Me and the birthday boy!
Ben's Birthday
He was very surprised and excited to see his gift from us.
His Wii "Skate It" game.
Playing his Skate It game with the balance board (in his pjs).
Blue and Gold Banquet
One Tuesday, Feb. 24th, we had our Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. As Cubmaster, I was co-planner of it, which was a bit stressful, but it turned out nice and everyone had a good time. With Ben turning 8, he's just starting in his Wolf pack.
Here's Ben reading a part for the opening ceremony.
Ben was awarded his Bobcat.
Here's a cute photo of Abby right after a bath. Even when I put mousse or gel in her hair, the curls don't tend to stay as curly, but I think there is potential.
Ben's Baptism
Yesterday, Feb. 28th, Ben was baptized by Mike. We participated in the Stake baptism and there were 8 other children being baptized (at the stake center in Lake Stevens). Gramps gave a nice talk on baptism and another woman spoke on the Holy Ghost. Then we separated by Wards for the individual baptisms. Our Ward was first since we had the fewest being baptized (just Ben). Mike baptized him and then we met in another room for his confirmation, which was performed by Mike. Joining him were Steve (Gramps), Jeff (Mike's brother), Curt Leonard (cousin-in-law), Steve Anderson (home teacher), and Bishop Stanger. Afterwards, we all headed back to Monroe for dinner and a combined birthday party for both Ben and Abby. Nana and Gramps graciously offered to have it at their home because they have more room than we do. We had meatball subs, pasta salad, fruit salad, and chips for dinner with cake and ice cream following. Melissa, Audrey, and Emily (Mike's brother, Dave's wife and daughters) were also able to join us once we were back for the party. I think everyone had a nice time. I know we all enjoyed spending time with all our extended family! Thanks everyone for making yesterday so special for Ben and also Abby.
Abby and Jessie before the baptism.
Mike and Ben
The proud parents.
At Beckie and Steve's - Ian and Abby.
Cute baby James.
Birthday boy taking a photo of himself.
Abby and another butterfly cake.
Ben and his skateboard dude cake.
Emily, Audrey, and Melissa
Amy, James, Ben, and Curt.
Abby opening her grocery cart from Nana and Gramps.
Ben and his new scriptures from Mike and I (and he got a nice leather case for them from Nana and Gramps).
Here is Abby enjoying her new grocery cart while watching t.v.. I'm not sure Beckie and Steve were really envisioning it being used this way...

2 comments:

Holly said...

what a great update Cherie. I love all the pics.

Beckie said...

Love the narrative on all your parties and celebrations - the pictures are great - all of my grandchildren are so photogenic! I can see the Abby has the ability to find multiple uses for her grocery cart - smart girl!