CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Patch

You may or may not know, but Abby was born with a circular (5 cm diameter) hairy birthmark on the back of her head. It's medical term is a hairy nevus, I believe. Because it was a hairy birthmark, it had more hair there than the rest of her head. Then Abby's baby hair fell out and the hair on her birthmark did not. So, as you can see in the photo, the hair on Abby's birthmark is a lot longer and stands out a lot. We call it "the patch". It's Abby's trademark. Anyway, do you think I should be annoyed when perfect strangers come up to me at the grocery store, park, mall, even the airport, and ask me about the strange tuft of hair growing on my daughter's head? Sure, I've smiled at plenty of babies in my years of shopping, but I don't think I would ever ask a perfect stranger about something that looks a little unusual or odd about their child... So, I ask you, do I have the right to be annoyed of people asking about it and is it okay to be tired of having to tell the same explaination over and over???


1 comment:

Katina Humen said...

Here's the thing....would you want them staring and not commenting?? I would prefer to able to explain what it is than have them walk away thinking there is something wrong with my kid. I have never shied away from nosiness, maybe because I know I would be nosy enough to want to know what it was too. It is a little bold to ask but don't be offended - at least they notice your little girl enough to even see it.